Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Legend of Zelda Epic Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Legend of Zelda Epic Thread   Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:10 pm

I am surprised someone hasn't made this already, so I am yoinking it! Yeah Zelda!

My favorite Zelda video game of all time is The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Why? Let me try and list my reasons for this heresy.

1 ) Far more difficult puzzles.
2 ) The three day time limit and time dependent events added a whole new layer of gameplay that creates an enormous replay value.
3 ) It has some of my favorite Zelda songs in one game. (Song of Healing, Song of Storms, New Bossa Wave)
4 ) It has a darker, more realistic setting, providing for a more enjoyable world to explore.
5 ) Side quests are more important and provide far more content.
6 ) The plot is far better then any Zelda plot I have yet to experience. It wasn't just as simple as "you are the hero, here is the bad guy, go through these temples to beat him." The end goal was changing and very ambiguous.
7 ) The character depth was fantastic. Even the characters that weren't pivotal to the game all had unique attributes that made you feel like you really were in Termina.
8 ) Main characters were far more detailed then in the other games. The Happy Mask Salesman had this wise, cryptic side, Skull Kid wasn't just some malevolent being, and even Tatl had more personality then Navi.
9 ) Masks were a surprisingly fun gameplay element. The Bunny Hood was the best invention ever.
10 ) ~Kamaro forever~

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
Spanosa
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Epic Thread   Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:33 pm

I agree. MM is my favorite Zelda game. It just had so much going for it. The atmosphere and the optional, yet you're obligated to do them for emotional reasons, side quests makes it absolutely wonderful.

The best music in a Zelda game I would have to give to Wind Waker though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

Renown : 0

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Epic Thread   Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:45 am

Agreed, MM is a GREAT game, for all the reasons you listed. The only problem for me is I was so little when it came out, and the entire premise of the plot scared me to death. That moon was terrifying to a four year old, haha. When I replay the game, it still makes me kind of nervous. Jad's ARG did not help this lol. So yeah, I rarely even touched the game when I was younger, I just watched my sister play.

I agree that Wind Waker has great music too. Music's actually probably one of my favorite parts of Zelda games, they're so much fun to listen to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aquapainter.tumblr.com
CookiesAreForever
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Epic Thread   Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Aqua wrote:
the entire premise of the plot scared me to death. That moon was terrifying to a four year old, haha. .

OH GOD THAT MOON.

Although, Ganon from OOT didn't help either >.>

Now, i don't know what my favorite is, since both things have stuff going for them. for OOT, it was one of the first games with 3-D graphics, and my first serious video game (considering i was like, 3 when it came out, and about 6 when i started playing it). It has a special place. MM on the other hand, was the scariest shit ever in my mind (still is. I don't care how scary silent hill is. Put a giant moon in my face and i will cry like a baby) It also had amazing characterization, and because Termina is so much smaller than Hyrule, you get to know your surroundings much better, and start caring for people in the town instead of just passing them buy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Epic Thread   Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:25 pm

Spanosa wrote:
The best music in a Zelda game I would have to give to Wind Waker though.

I think in general the Wind Waker songs were of far higher quality then the Majora's Masks ones, but WW didn't have the Song of Storms XD. I don't know why, but I love that little tune.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Epic Thread   Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:39 pm

it would be cool to have an loz game that took the most famous and loved songs of every game and put them in to one
Back to top Go down
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Epic Thread   Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:05 pm

dimentio MOD wrote:
it would be cool to have an loz game that took the most famous and loved songs of every game and put them in to one

Just call it "The Legend of Zelda: EPIC NOSTALGIA." Every temple would be revamps of the most infamous Zelda temples in history. Can you say, OOT Water Temple 10x over!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Jevandyr

Renown : 2

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Epic Thread   Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:56 pm

I would pay infinite amounts of money for that. I'm a big fan of LoZ, my favourite is OoT though, with MM a close second. I remember playing OoT when it came out, and when I got up to the Castle Town as Adult Link I screamed like a little baby (I was young!) and I didn't play the game for a few weeks. I played Mario 64 then I was shitting bricks at that because Peach's picture turned into Bowser. Goddamn! So anyway, on topic, I'd love a Zelda game with the following:

A "Best Of" Series of Music tracks, featuring re-orchestrated versions of:

-Dark World Theme (LTTP)
-The Ballad of the Wind Fish (Link's Awakening)
-Kakariko Village (OoT)
-Clock Town (MM)
-Dragon Roost Island (WW)
-Overworld (Zelda 1)
-Palace Theme (Zelda 2)

Etc etc. Probably a few from each game, aswell as an Ocarina with the best Ocarina songs.

The villain(s) would be Ganon, Agahnim, Vaati and Majora. Yes, really! They would team up to take down Link once and for all! The last boss would be Ganon wearing Majora's Mask.

Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Epic Thread   Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:55 am

A Link to the Past is my personal favorite.

I also have a respect for the CDi games specifically because of all the lulz we got from some of the best YTPs we ever watched. It may be like that for me because I have a place in my heart for lulzworthy bad things.

SQUADALAH! We're off!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TegaDrake
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Epic Thread   Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Am I even allowed to keep doing replies one after the other in the same forum area...?
D:

Anyways, yeah. Zelda. A Link to the Past was the first one I ever touched, but I remember Majora's Mask the most because I felt more involved with it. Like, it was out when I was juuust starting to pick up the controller for something OTHER than Mario Paint.
(Yeah, I'm ashamed of that. Mainly because I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING while I was "playing". I sorta spammed every tool and bummed around. I'm too ashamed to touch it at this point. >>;;; )

I think my favorite is always going to be Ocarina of Time, since I just enjoy the hell out of that "Explore the world looking for treasures to stop evil!" thing. Heck, I didn't even think of Majora's Mask like how TR1 described it until now. I just knew that 1) my first experience was with the demo in a Target, which ALWAYS throws you in and says "have fun!" Every time, the moon crashed on Deku!Link when I played. Once my dad actually bought it, it made a lot more sense. XD Then I (with massive amounts of help) went gallivanting around Termina. If that's not the most exciting thing to do, I don't know what is. Okay, exaggerating, but it always felt like there was something hidden away in every corner of the world. And I only got to see a piece of it because of programming limitations. So yeah, even though I had massive amounts of help, and I teg-teamed my first actual playthrough with my brother, it was so much fun.

I've got soft spots for every Zelda game I've played thus far, though. And a whole bunch of nostalgia-inspiring stories. BUT I'VE RAMBLED ENOUGH ON THE FINAL FANTASY THREAD WHILE KINDA SLACKING ON A PROJECT DUE TOMORROW. MAYBE. SO YEAH. Another time, possibly.

I may possibly think they should've had Majora's Mask 3D come out first, but at the same time I don't want a 3D version of the moon crashing in my face. DO NOT WANT, BUT WANT NONETHELESS. Thank you, ARG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cloudsangel.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Epic Thread   

Back to top Go down

Legend of Zelda Epic Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top