Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pony Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Mon May 30, 2011 9:38 pm

I am really close between them too, but I have to go with Fluttershy. She just always makes me smile.

Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Star Wars the Old Republic Guild
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
Spanosa
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Mon May 30, 2011 9:40 pm

I just have an unhealthy amount of love for Dash above anyone else. I don't know why.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Mon May 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Yes! I am glad to see this finally compiled, and I am in it! I am like 3/4 toward the bottom though lol, and Cookies is on it somewhere...

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/massive-thank-you-letter-to-hasbro-from.html

Back to top Go down
Jevandyr

Renown : 2

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 12:37 am

TR1 wrote:
Yes! I am glad to see this finally compiled, and I am in it! I am like 3/4 toward the bottom though lol, and Cookies is on it somewhere...

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/massive-thank-you-letter-to-hasbro-from.html

Awesome to see it in full! I'm on there too Very Happy

Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 7:56 am

Hello again everyone!

Because I ended up being unable to upload the second chapter yesterday, I'm giving everyone a special gift!

Chapters 2, and 3! TR1, Span, and Cookies, expect a PM before the day is out.

Chapter 2

Zero may have been the Master Archineer of Equestria, but that didn’t mean that was his only talent. Zero was a jack-of-all trades, possessing knowledge, a sharp wit, strength, and along with it, endurance. If you where to ask him what his favorite pastime, aside of spending time with Twilight and company of course, he would reply in an instant, “Freerunning.” Zero was an adrenaline junkie, to put it simply but crudely. He loved the feeling of the chase, and all the running, jumping, dodging and falling, etcetera, that was part of the package. He had no fear of death, and frequently performed stunts that even Rainbow Dash would think twice before attempting.

Currently, Zero was enjoying the rush of performing one of said stunts, hoping to get the jump on Twilight as, although she would probably give him a hoof to the face, would still end up laughing at such foolhardiness. He crouched on a stone edge that jutted from the one of the four corners of the tallest building in Ponyville, the clock tower, which was conveniently located near the old chocolate shop that Twilight asked him to meet her at.

With a quick inhale of breath, Zero, arms outstretched as if he were a diver at the Olympony games, fell with only a barely audible whistling sound, accompanied by his baggy parachute pants and t-shirt flapped in the sudden wind.

It had been almost 5 minutes now, and Zero was nowhere in sight. ‘Where could he be?’ Twilight Sparkle thought to herself, using her magic to slip her phone back into her sling pack. Her face involuntarily turned a darker shade of purple as when she thought of the device. It had been a gift from Zero to commemorate her passing his rigorous testing and becoming his sole apprentice. He had created only 2 of the small devices, one for himself, which required the multi-jointed fingers that he alone possessed, where as hers was more a polished piece of metal with a glass front. Twilight was able to transfer her magic through the phone to speak with Zero wherever she pleased. She still had to use a quill and paper, and Spike still held his job of taking notes, letters, and other important thoughts down, but this way it was easier for her and Zero to communicate.

She wished Spike was here, he always had a profound calming effect on her. Perhaps it was maternal instincts as, in a way, she was his mother, and she had hatched him after all… ‘He’s never disappointed me when I gave him a challenge before… What if he got hurt on the way here? Or…’ Twilight shook her head, the dark purple and pink streaks of her mane flapping about. ‘It won’t do any good to worry like that. He’s probably just…’ She never finished her thought, as the sound of an object landing in the cart of hay that had been left on the sidewalk was heard. As she turned to investigate, a blur of black along with speck of white ran into her at full speed. For a moment, one that seemed to stretch on for centuries, Twilight analyzed the situation, and came very close to causing said object to become a smear on the pavement, before she reined back her magic, recognizing that the object was actually Zero, who had jumped out of the hay bail and, almost too energetically, ran straight at her in an attempt to surprise her. She let out a small squeak before relaxing and wrapping her fore-hoofs around him, returning her boyfriend’s hug. “Zerooooooooo! Why do you always insist on making such extravagant entrances? I almost burned you to a crisp!”

Zero retracted his arms, folding his hands behind his head and leaning back as if he was up against an invisible wall, “You know me,” He said, flashing a cocky grin, eyes sparkling with mischievousness, “I’m all about the big entrances! So, you wanted to check out this shop?” He asked, nodding across the street to the little chocolate shop. The place had an innocent look to it, kind of like a puppy surrounded by protecting big brothers, and indeed the buildings that loomed to each side of it seemed to almost lean towards the shop, daring anyone to bring harm to it.

“Yes, I hear they make very good cheesecakes, and seeing as Rainbow Dash’s birthday is coming up I thought we might as well look for something for her sweet tooth!” Twilight explained turning and starting to walk towards the shop.

“Now wait just a moment there!” Twilight stopped in her tracks, listening intently as Zero walked calmly after her, “You mentioned cheesecake, didn’t you?” Twilight slowly turned her head towards him, to see an enormous grin plastered onto Zero’s face. “You wouldn’t perhaps be mentioning my favorite dessert for any particular reason now would you?”

Chapter 3

After browsing the stores wares for almost an hour, Zero and Twilight settled on a rainbow themed ice cream cake for Rainbow Dash, a box of chocolates with cherries inside for Twilight, and a large cheesecake for Zero. Always the gentleman, Zero carried all the treats out of the store while Twilight waited outside.

“So where do you suggest we take this stuff? I’ll take the cheesecake and the chocolate cherry things back home to the library, but what about Rainbow Dash’s cake?” Zero asked. “We’ll take it back to the library and put it with your cheesecake until the party.” Twilight answered, “It’s getting late, so how about I go and look for a movie for us over at Pony Video?”

Zero agreed with this and headed back to the library with his load, making sure to keep out of site of both Rainbow Dash and Pinky Pie, the latter because she would probably not be able to keep the party a secret.

It was now past 9:30pm and Twilight had fallen asleep up against Zero, comfortably snuggled against his pajama covered shoulder. Zero was still up however, as he had heard a alert going off in his workshop, and had been for the past 30 minutes been trying to get off the couch without waking up Twilight. She was a very light sleeper and could be terrifying when she was awoken abruptly.

After more than a few close calls, Zero was sitting at his chair in his workshop, examining the warning that had come up. He had made sure to turn off the sound so as to not wake up Twilight, but right now, that was the least of his concerns. According to the readout, a large hole had just materialized in one of the sides of Mount Ponymore, but it wasn’t a hole into the mountainside…

It seemed it may be a rift into another dimension!

Hope you enjoyed!

Later,
Zero
Back to top Go down
View user profile
willowrain

Renown : 0

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 3:40 pm

I have a dilemma -.- My boyfriend of almost two years....despises that anyone not in lower elementary school could like -any- show intended for children. This includes ponies.....he doesn't know I like the cuteness of it (not so much the show overall, but the cuteness of it. Just the right amount of cuteness). But keeping things from a significant other =/= a strong relationship. Wat do? =\ I have been informed that if I did like it, he wouldn't leave but it would change his perspective of me and push him away. Hrm =\

I swim for better days despite the absence of sun, chokin' on saltwater. I'm not givin' in. I swim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wispthewillow.blogspot.com/
CookiesAreForever
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 5:56 pm

willowrain wrote:
I have a dilemma -.- My boyfriend of almost two years....despises that anyone not in lower elementary school could like -any- show intended for children. This includes ponies.....he doesn't know I like the cuteness of it (not so much the show overall, but the cuteness of it. Just the right amount of cuteness). But keeping things from a significant other =/= a strong relationship. Wat do? =\ I have been informed that if I did like it, he wouldn't leave but it would change his perspective of me and push him away. Hrm =\

Hmm... that is a very big dilemma.. What i think you should do is tell him that many people like this, and why you like it. If you explain the reasons why so many people in older age groups like it, he might not judge it as much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 6:28 pm

willowrain wrote:

I am just going to advise you to say what I tell everyone else who questions me. I like the show simply because it makes me happy. By human nature we gravitate towards people. objects, or ideas that we enjoy. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is something that I honestly and truly like. It is no different then someone liking baseball, video games, reading, or writing. People do those things in their free time because it makes them happy to some level, even if it is the slightest amount of joy, it is still worth it.

I would identify something that he really likes and start from there.

"(Willowrain's bf's name), what is your most favorite activity?"
[Response]
"Why do you like to do it?"
[Response]
(Explain to the level why it makes him happy)
(Explain that MLP: FiM is something that you enjoy and makes you happy)
-For this part I would play on his emotions. Play on the sappy side like "This show makes me happy, just like us being together makes us both happy..."
-If the nice stuff doesn't work you should play on his remorse (an effective ploy) "What if I said I didn't like you [his favorite thing]? Wouldn't that hurt your feeling too? We shouldn't let our own personal interests get between us though. Just because you don't like MLP: FiM and I may not like [his favorite thing] doesn't mean that it should come between us..."

Any who, I hope I gave you some good ideas in discussing this with him. I know it sounds a little corny at times, but if you say it genuinely he will take it to heart.

Back to top Go down
Zero_Starlight
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 7:47 pm

[quote="TR1"]
willowrain wrote:
*Snip*

Simply put; THIS.

Also, how dare you divert attention away from my fanfic! *Shakes fist at willowrain*

[/rant]

But seriously, good luck, and hopefully he understands.

Your pal,

Zero
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 9:01 pm

Well I got around to reading chapter 2 and 3 of your fanfic and it is interesting. You seem to write very fondly of your main character, but I am glad to see you clarified the phone thing XD. What kind of story is this? I am reading it and it seems to be setting itself up for a blatant action plot line. You are playing up the main character, a lot, and there is a relationship in the story making for obvious plot elements later. Also, Twilight is Zero's apprentice and boyfriend while also being Celestia's apprentice? That Twilight gets around! What is Zero actually teaching her, or is that going to be discussed later in the story?

EDIT: Ponybeat finally released their new album "Super Ponybeat." Check out Bandpuff's youtube!

Back to top Go down
Zero_Starlight
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:34 am

Let's take these one at a time.

TR1 wrote:
Also, Twilight is Zero's apprentice and boyfriend while also being Celestia's apprentice?

In the story, Twilight has finished her apprenticeship with Celestia, and was, before the story begins, invited by Zero to become his apprentice, as there was no one better suited to becoming his apprentice than her. (I assure you that the fact they had a relationship didn't influence the selection process whatsoever... <.< >.>)

TR1 wrote:
What is Zero actually teaching her, or is that going to be discussed later in the story?

Second, Twilight is currently the only Archineer in training in all of Equestria, (+1 rep to whomever can guess where the job of Archineer is from, hint: it's a 5th cell game) and is training to become Zero's successor, or at least his partner.

The story is planned to have a fair amount of romance, and the pm that will be reaching you, Span, and Cookies, will give more detail as to what the plot may work out like.

Later,
-Zero[quote]

Last edited by Zero_Starlight on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
willowrain

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 am

Ha it actually worked. I showed him some Fluttershy pictures without over-explaining, and he said "Oh my god..it's you. Creepy..." Annnnd yeah o.O Thanks for the advice guys =) *stops diverting the attention* Soz *hangs head*

I swim for better days despite the absence of sun, chokin' on saltwater. I'm not givin' in. I swim.
Back to top Go down
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:24 pm

willowrain wrote:
Ha it actually worked. I showed him some Fluttershy pictures without over-explaining, and he said "Oh my god..it's you. Creepy..." Annnnd yeah o.O Thanks for the advice guys =) *stops diverting the attention* Soz *hangs head*

I am glad to hear that it worked! Sometimes the least amount of explanation is the best.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:53 pm

willowrain wrote:
nice score 1 for bronies
Back to top Go down
CookiesAreForever
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:13 am

willowrain wrote:

I'm glad! Stuff like that makes me happy Batman Weeaboo

Now only if i can get more people into ponies....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drummaniac17
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:02 am

Well guys, I've finally watched MLP. Me and my friend decided we would watch it together and get it over with. I started up procaster and he got on livestream and we watched the first two episodes.

Holy shit this show is so good. I was expecting it to be a joke and the whole meme was mocking the show. My friend couldn't stand the show but I couldn't stop watching. I've only seen the first 10 episodes, but I have a serious problem. I don't have Hub.

How am I going to be able to watch new episodes as soon as possible?! I'm getting Netflix soon, but I doubt they are on it yet. I know all of the episodes are on YouTube for now, but it's just a matter of time until they get taken off. I'm so sad right now, what should I do? I need instant gratification!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
willowrain

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:32 pm

They aren't on netflix, but I do have a youtube link where they have full episodes without all the logos and everything. Ta DA They haven't had any warnings or anything at all so far. So maybe they won't be taken down, at least till you see the others.

Back to top Go down
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:45 pm

I do think that will be a problem to be honest. The brony community is extremely devoted and will put ponies up 24/7. Hasbro also acknowledges that the majority of their fanbase does come from youtube and doesn't want to stop it. Hub is owned by Hasbro, and Hasbro is receiving the highest amount of profit off of MLP: FiM products so I doubt they will be cutting the Youtubes much. A few channels have been taken down by Youtube, but only when their views were busting 1mil per video. Hasbro isn't in a rush to take them down anytime soon.

Last edited by TR1 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CookiesAreForever
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:53 pm

To add to TR's point, this fanbase also brings in alot of money from toys, since even though they barely look anything like the actual show (rarity is the closest imo) we still buy them

Basically, bronies keep this show afloat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:58 pm

The bronies also openly thanked Hasbro with a huge letter and stuff. So unless Hasbro is heartless, which I doubt considering the Equestria Girls song, I think Youtube videos will survive.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:26 pm

CookiesAreForever wrote:
To add to TR's point, this fanbase also brings in alot of money from toys, since even though they barely look anything like the actual show (rarity is the closest imo) we still buy them

Basically, bronies keep this show afloat.
most bronies buy them then modify them to look like the show. but yes we do keep the show afloat.
Back to top Go down
Illy
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:21 am

Mods are asleep, post G1!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:24 am

Lol I don't sleep. I approve of this G1 due to funny caption. Commence Fluttershy posting.

Back to top Go down
Zero_Starlight
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:29 pm

First, a tribute to the Fluttershy GODS;

And now that that has been done... quick question.

Is it ok to post a topic in off topic discussion for my fanfiction? Or is this still against the rules because it's a pony fanfic?

Thanks,
-Zero
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Zero_Starlight wrote:
Is it ok to post a topic in off topic discussion for my fanfiction? Or is this still against the rules because it's a pony fanfic?

Thanks,
-Zero

That's a really good question actually. It is pony related so belongs in pony, but this thread gets spammed a lot so it can't really stay up easily.

I think in this case I will make an exception and say you can post it in the Written Creations board. Just make sure you indicate that it is MLP: FiM fic at the top so people who don't want to read ponyfics know immediately.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pony Thread   

Back to top Go down

Pony Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top