Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Alto Sax Legend of Zelda Music

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Alto Sax Legend of Zelda Music   Tue May 24, 2011 12:26 am

Well, this area of the forums is empty so I am capitalizing on the focused attention! Here are a few musical arrangements I threw together for the Alto Sax. This was copy and pasted off of my original thread on Within Hubris.

I play the Alto Saxophone (as some of you may have seen me say else where) and I love Legend of Zelda music. The only problem is that many people haven't done sheet music for alto sax specifically. I started browsing sites and finally came to a good site with a good amount of free videogame sheet music for the Legend of Zelda. Sadly, it was all in piano. Being a Treble Cleft instrument I was fairly limited to one part, and still had to transpose/edit a lot of the music so it was within my range. I finally decided to turn some of my chicken scratch notes into a fine, easy on the eyes, transpositions.

I was able to find and download a free music software, MuseScore, and put the arrangements into organized staffs. Some of the ones I have done have two parts with double note allowing up to three or four saxophones to play a single piece. Others are just two or single parts. I have currently only done a few but plan to do more in the future. I will update this page randomly with bundles of arrangements as I complete more. This is one of the many side projects I have started up, so I do have to divide my time between them all. If you have a request for a certain arrangement feel free to put it here.

Due to my limited experience with other instruments, I am only confident with transposing music to the alto sax. If you know how to transpose the songs from alto sax to your instrument, and have MuseScore, I can send you the MuseScore file so that you can just shift around some notes instead of having to rewrite the entire piece. If you want a MuseScore file please request it here or PM me, and then I will PM it to you.

I get the majority of the original arrangements for piano on the following website. Herbalcell.com

The songs are listed alphabetical by title, and then the exact tempo in BPM (Beats Per Minute) are listed next to it.

"Kamaro's Dance": 68.0BPM

"Kotake and Koume": 110.0BPM

"Opening Title" (Ocarina of Time): 70.0BPM

"Song of Healing": 94.0BPM

"Song of Storms": 180.0BPM

Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Star Wars the Old Republic Guild
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
SoulStar
Civilian
Civilian

Renown : 0

PostSubject: Re: Alto Sax Legend of Zelda Music   Mon May 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Don't know why no-one's commented here, these are awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Alto Sax Legend of Zelda Music   Mon May 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks! I haven't done another in awhile because of how busy the IBB and school has been keeping me, but I hope to do a few more later on. I like to sit in band class now and play Kamaro's Dance awkwardly in the corner. Everyone shoots me weirds looks and is like "That's a weird tune..." No Majora's Mask fans in my band class sadly Batman Serious.

Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Star Wars the Old Republic Guild
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
SoulStar
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Alto Sax Legend of Zelda Music   Mon May 30, 2011 10:59 pm

That is indeed sad D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AfroNick
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Alto Sax Legend of Zelda Music   Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:31 am

Damn, if only I played Alto Sax. Oh well.

These are looking good, by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alto Sax Legend of Zelda Music   

Back to top Go down

Alto Sax Legend of Zelda Music

View previous topic View next topic Back to top