Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Other Magic players?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
garrenn

Renown : 0

PostSubject: Other Magic players?   Tue May 24, 2011 9:57 pm

I haven't played in a long time, but I was loved playing! I was one of the only girls in my gaming group, second to one girl who played with a frilly white unicorn deck. Screw that, I had demons and other hell beasts in my deck! I'll take the poison over the prancing cute creatures any day.

It was always really weird going to comic stores for the tournaments. I was usally one of the only girls, if not the only girls. It can...get a little creepy. I ended up hanging around some of the guys in my group to keep the less than reputable players away from me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spanosa
Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Other Magic players?   Tue May 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Guilty. I started playing about five years ago now. I still only have one deck that, to my friends dismay, I've trimmed and worked into a deck some people just don't even want to play anymore. It's a B/W control deck centered around the Church of Orzhov.

I'm going to try to make a new deck since I've gotten so many cards from the new Mirrodin block.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawn Of a New Day
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Other Magic players?   Sun May 29, 2011 8:44 pm

I had played for a while, but I stopped playing a long time ago. I have played here and there, but usually with scrap decks from random cards. I still collect the cards now and again, though. I can't even remember my card's names I used. Maybe I should get back into playing, but if I do, what do you recommend for a returning player to start with after a long time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emikon

Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Other Magic players?   Sun May 29, 2011 9:42 pm

To this day my friends fear my mono black rogue deck. It has sown death, destruction and general douchebaggery across the board. When the rule in a multi player game is to kill me first something is clearly working.

Dawn Of a New Day wrote:
I had played for a while, but I stopped playing a long time ago. I have played here and there, but usually with scrap decks from random cards. I still collect the cards now and again, though. I can't even remember my card's names I used. Maybe I should get back into playing, but if I do, what do you recommend for a returning player to start with after a long time?

I would suggest waiting until the next core set comes out sometime this summer. It would be the perfect time to get back into the game.

EDIT: Please avoid double posts. That's what the edit button is for Batman Smile.

Last edited by TR1 on Sun May 29, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariesus
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Other Magic players?   Mon May 30, 2011 8:31 pm

My friends basically forced me to take apart my B/W control deck, because it was apparently no fun to play against.

I'm working on, right now, a myr deck, a wall deck, and, potentially, RUG infect. (RUG infect can win on turn 2 or 3 without using a single rare, it's wonderful)

I'm trying to become a more competitive player, and I try to make more events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spanosa
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Other Magic players?   Mon May 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Ariesus wrote:
My friends basically forced me to take apart my B/W control deck, because it was apparently no fun to play against.

I'm working on, right now, a myr deck, a wall deck, and, potentially, RUG infect. (RUG infect can win on turn 2 or 3 without using a single rare, it's wonderful)

Yeah, your B/W control deck, if let run, became essentially invincible unless someone played All is Dust or something. Which didn't exist when you had it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariesus
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Other Magic players?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Spanosa wrote:
Ariesus wrote:

Yeah, your B/W control deck, if let run, became essentially invincible unless someone played All is Dust or something. Which didn't exist when you had it.

I'm working on making even better decks, don't worry Very Happy

I hashed together a blue turtle/beatdown deck that wins hard.

There is nothing quite like playing three sleeps, dropping Lorthos, and lockdowning for the win.

Thinking of bringing back a slightly modified version of my vampires to take on Caww-blades, but I don't need to worry about that too hard with the local metagame. I'm working on streamlining my Myr into a better tron/infinite deck, rather than a convoluted combo deck that sits around till turn 3 or so.

Damn, I love crazy builds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spanosa
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Other Magic players?   Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:41 pm

So, one of the biggest changes to effect Standard just happened.

The banning of Jace, The Mind Sculptor and Stoneforge Mystic.

What is everyone's thoughs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariesus
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Other Magic players?   Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:19 am

I was thrilled when I saw that, as I feel that it makes for a far less homogenous pile of decks at tournaments.

Right before the bannings, 70% of all tournament decks either were caww blades or ran 4 jaces and mystics.

That, to me, is worse than Jund's height.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Magic players?   

Back to top Go down

Other Magic players?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top