Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What are your characters?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jevandyr

Renown : 2

PostSubject: What are your characters?   Tue May 24, 2011 11:39 pm

What are your characters from various games/RPs you have done? One of my first characters was a Paladin. He married a Siren when he was younger and he was cursed with having to forget anyone he grows to love. This was revealed slowly over the period of our story, as my character would be cold for seemingly no reason, and even though he co-operated and worked with the party for the pursuit of justice he'd basically be a dick about it so he wouldn't grow to like any of them.

This of course turned into some interesting shenanigans when found bromance in one of the members of the party, eventually to the point that he almost forgets who he is in the midst of battle. My character eventually ended up sacrificing his life to end the curse because he couldn't bear it anymore. And it was a hard character to do! Aha. Some of this turned from game talk and character dev to some out of game fic we did, although I'd love to write it up as a full story one day. geek

Civilian
Civilian

Renown : 0

PostSubject: Re: What are your characters?   Sun May 29, 2011 12:48 pm

This might sound silly but I swear it's true. Me and a few friends made our own RPG game based in medieval times. It was me and 4 other friends. 3 of them were knights and wizards and what not. The other sold items. Basically we made up the rules as we went. All we had was a die. Basically when it was our turn we came up with six scenarios, 3 good 3 bad. Whatever number we rolled we built the story around that.

My character however...

Since I joined late, and the shopkeep had to go home, my character killed the shopkeep and dressed up in his clothes. The entire game everyone felt odd around my character. I pretended as if his wife and kids were my own. It was hilarious and we came up with amazing scenarios around it aside from the actual quest story. Eventually halfway through the entire story, one of the knights realized I wasnt the shopkeep, and he discovered the body of the true shopkeep. He told his wife and she killed me in my sleep. I just chilled and watched the rest of the story unfold from there on out.

The entire game was incredibly unorthodox and lasted about 2 hours, I had also never played an RPG like that before, only in video games Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariesus
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: What are your characters?   Sun May 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Let's see............. my first serious D&D character was a Ranger/Platinum Knight who became first Champion of Bahamut and then a god in his own right. He was pretty awesome.

I had a fantastic assassin in Dark Heresy, he ended up an Inquisitor Lord.

I've had a ton of fun characters throughout my time gaming, and I'll be happy to share more of them when I can remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emikon

Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: What are your characters?   Sun May 29, 2011 9:39 pm

I would have to say my Dark Heresy tech-priest. Our dm let us do insane things. Luke the time I kamikaze'd a chaos dreadnaught and lived. Or when I made a completely broken weapon and a mechanical war bear that I rode into battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your characters?   

Back to top Go down

What are your characters?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top