Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Star Wars Galaxies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Star Wars Galaxies   Fri May 27, 2011 10:26 pm

I am just waiting to get flamed but.... has anyone actually played the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies? I played it off and on a few times. I go back to Pre-CU and I don't remember the last update I was around for. Just gonna drop random info and see what happens.

Server: Flurry
Last Main Character Used: Rohko Maxim
Favorite Combat Class: Medic (Support)
Favorite Trader Type: Munitions (Weaponsmith)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
Jevandyr

Renown : 2

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Sat May 28, 2011 12:47 am

Never played it but I only learned of its existence after a certain patch that apparently ruined the game, so I didn't bother, although it sounded awesome. I was more into WoW at the time and now I kinda regret it! I hope The Old Republic turns out to be good but so far it looks pretty bad in my opinion, at least.

Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Sat May 28, 2011 7:21 pm

It was fun especially with a cool group of friends. You are also probably talking about the NGE (New Game Experience). That was what completely remade the game it a far simpler form, and arguable a worse one. I still had fun after that update though, and some of the more recent updates have made the game pretty fun. I wouldn't recommend going into it alone though, it can get a little boring due to the combat simplicity in PvE. PvP is really fun though and is actually decent. The only problem is that the servers seem to be a little outdated, so 40+ player battles lag the shit out of the lightest server. Crafting is super unique and fun, but takes A LOT of time and patience. The higher ranking items can take days to make and require a huge amount of blatant luck. It was fun for a time, but you got to move on to bigger and better things.

That leads me to the Old Republic. A lot of people are skeptical about it, including myself, but recent interviews and trailers actually make it look REALLY good. The classes are very detailed, the character interaction and story is amazing, and the PvE looks great. The only problem though is I haven't heard anything about PvP, but there is going to be a lot of space combat, really good space combat at that. The only big factor is that it does seem to be a WoW knock-off, from what some of my other friends have said. I can't really comment on that XD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Galaxies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top