Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Weeaboo Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Drummaniac17
Civilian
Civilian

Renown : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 10:24 pm

TR1 wrote:
Spanosa wrote:
TR1 wrote:
Oh, I forgot about the best anime ever! Bobobo-bobo-BoBo! Anyone else a Jelly-jiggler fan?

I don't know why I like that Anime. I just do.

Jelly-Jiggler is a boss.

I feel like I need a lucky hanky of my own.

Spoiler:

That was the only anime I watched every episode of.

EDIT: I did not know there was a spoiler button

Last edited by Drummaniac17 on Sun May 29, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Spanosa wrote:
Just thought I would through out here that Adult Swim is reshowing FLCL again. Episode 3 airs next Saturday.

Damn Gainax, you make weird shit.

Aw man, now I really wish I lived somewhere where Adult Swim actually aired. XD

Weird, beautiful, hilarious shit. Seriously, Gainax is probably one of my favorite animation studios lol. It has given me FLCL, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Panty and Stocking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aquapainter.tumblr.com
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 10:53 pm

Drummaniac17 wrote:
TR1 wrote:
Spanosa wrote:
TR1 wrote:
Oh, I forgot about the best anime ever! Bobobo-bobo-BoBo! Anyone else a Jelly-jiggler fan?

I don't know why I like that Anime. I just do.

Jelly-Jiggler is a boss.

I feel like I need a lucky hanky of my own.

BOBOBO BOBO BOBO WAS AMAZING UNTIL THE LAST EPISODE. They were running up the stairs to fight whats his name, the guy that shaved everyones head, THEN THE SERIES WAS OVER!!!! It was a big ass cliffhanger and it made me so sad and angry. That was the only anime I watched every episode of.

*gasp* Spoilers much??? We do have a "Spoiler" button ya know?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
tsubasa67
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 11:00 pm

Soooooo....
Anyone here like Bleach?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawn Of a New Day
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 11:01 pm

TR1 wrote:
*gasp* Spoilers much??? We do have a "Spoiler" button ya know?
Yeah, but really, you aren't missing anything at all. :l
It was the worst ending to one of the best TV shows ever!

The manga continues on for a little at least. Oh, an I LOVED Jelly!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 11:10 pm

tsubasa67 wrote:
Soooooo....
Anyone here like Bleach?

I am off and on with it, I can't stay consistent.
Back to top Go down
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 11:12 pm

Drummaniac17 wrote:
I feel enlightened. I love you, Alzers, I have always wondered that for... forever.

Don't listen to her!

OPTION 2 FROM THIS PAGE IS ALL YOU'LL EVER NEED TO KNOW

And yeah I know I'm kinda late on this but I was rereading through the thread and realised how perfect that would be.
Back to top Go down
Drummaniac17
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 11:47 pm

Oh god Aqua I can't stop laughing. Thanks for the advice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Mon May 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Lol, no problem at all. It's all in a day's work.
Back to top Go down
Spanosa
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Mon May 30, 2011 6:37 pm

TR1 wrote:
tsubasa67 wrote:
Soooooo....
Anyone here like Bleach?

I used to follow it almost to episode 300, then I just sort of forgot about it and haven't gotten back into it since.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Mon May 30, 2011 7:53 pm

Spanosa wrote:
TR1 wrote:
tsubasa67 wrote:
Soooooo....
Anyone here like Bleach?

I used to follow it almost to episode 300, then I just sort of forgot about it and haven't gotten back into it since.

Early seasons Bleach spoilers (like season 1-3)
Spoiler:

Every other episode I have seen is at the random intervals AdultSwim shows them at.
Back to top Go down
Drummaniac17
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Mon May 30, 2011 7:54 pm

Spanosa wrote:
Just thought I would through out here that Adult Swim is reshowing FLCL again. Episode 3 airs next Saturday.

Damn Gainax, you make weird shit.

So I took your advice and watched the first episode of this.

I like anime now, thank you Spanosa. This show alone made me admire the insanity of the Japanese (I'm sorry if that offended anyone but you know it's true). Who thinks this stuff up?! It's brilliant!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Mon May 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Good choice on checking out FLCL, it's really a fun show and it's cool to know that you enjoyed the first episode so much! Very Happy Keep on watching, you'll definitely enjoy it.

And also, if you like FLCL I definitely reccomend looking up some of Gainax's other animes, they do have a reputation for that kind of stuff, so if you like FLCL there's probably some more stuff that they've made that you'd enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Spanosa
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Mon May 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Aqua wrote:
Good choice on checking out FLCL, it's really a fun show and it's cool to know that you enjoyed the first episode so much! Very Happy Keep on watching, you'll definitely enjoy it.

And also, if you like FLCL I definitely reccomend looking up some of Gainax's other animes, they do have a reputation for that kind of stuff, so if you like FLCL there's probably some more stuff that they've made that you'd enjoy.

Yeah, Gainax is a great, albeit pretty weird compnay. They made Neon Genesis Evangelion, Tengen Toppa, and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsubasa67
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 5:07 am

TR1 wrote:
Spanosa wrote:
TR1 wrote:
tsubasa67 wrote:
Soooooo....
Anyone here like Bleach?

Early seasons Bleach spoilers (like season 1-3)
Spoiler:

Every other episode I have seen is at the random intervals AdultSwim shows them at.

Batman Weeaboo
I reached that part ages ago, even though I can only get the episodes when they come out on DVD, as I don't think we get Adult Swim anymore on Cartoon Network anymore, and the DVDs here come out a few months after they've been released in the USA, which sucks, but hey, what can I do about that? (Also, not to be finicky or anything, but the girl's name is Rukia Kuchiki and the Lieutenant is called Renji Abarai) I'm only up to about ep 150 or something due to Australia being the last place they release video games and anime in, despite Japan being just due north from here, I think. I've been hooked on the series for about 4 years now, ever since I found the first ep on a demo CD I found while scrummaging around the computers once when I was sick and at home. (Took me a while to realise I could buy it at a store near me though) I'm only just starting the Arrancar arc, so no-one give me any spoilers, okay? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulStar
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 12:05 pm

Oh god, what's ironic is I literally just watched all of FLCL on Netflix a couple of weeks ago

HARUHARA=F#CKING AWESOME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Illy
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 12:20 pm

Nobody mentioned Kanon, AIR, Clannad, Haibane Renmei, Azumanga Daioh, K-ON!, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, Hidamari Sketch, or Getsumen to Heiki Miina?

All my disappoints, son. Can we get more moé up in this bitch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 6:35 pm

tsubasa67 wrote:

Batman Weeaboo
I reached that part ages ago, even though I can only get the episodes when they come out on DVD, as I don't think we get Adult Swim anymore on Cartoon Network anymore, and the DVDs here come out a few months after they've been released in the USA, which sucks, but hey, what can I do about that? (Also, not to be finicky or anything, but the girl's name is Rukia Kuchiki and the Lieutenant is called Renji Abarai) I'm only up to about ep 150 or something due to Australia being the last place they release video games and anime in, despite Japan being just due north from here, I think. I've been hooked on the series for about 4 years now, ever since I found the first ep on a demo CD I found while scrummaging around the computers once when I was sick and at home. (Took me a while to realise I could buy it at a store near me though) I'm only just starting the Arrancar arc, so no-one give me any spoilers, okay? Razz

Ah, thanks for fixing my spelling XD. I have watched most of the Arrancar arc, and it is actually a really good one, I won't spoil it though, of course.
Back to top Go down
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 10:38 pm

Illy wrote:
Nobody mentioned Kanon, AIR, Clannad, Haibane Renmei, Azumanga Daioh, K-ON!, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, Hidamari Sketch, or Getsumen to Heiki Miina?

We could, but my problem with that is that I've only watched two of those series you mentioned. Moe is fun for some people, but most of them are slice of life and that just doesn't hold my interest very well D:
Back to top Go down
Illy
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Tue May 31, 2011 11:37 pm

Aqua wrote:
Illy wrote:

We could, but my problem with that is that I've only watched two of those series you mentioned. Moe is fun for some people, but most of them are slice of life and that just doesn't hold my interest very well D:

Azu, Hidamari and K-ON are the only true slice of lifes in there. D: Kanon has a really nice balance between plot time and silly time, AIR is two episodes of cute followed by HEART-WRENCHING TIME ALL THE TIME, Clannad is... Yeah. Okay. Mostly slice of life with a bit of plot (Although After Story does the opposite, from what I've watched). Haibane Renmei has a really heavy plot from the get go that starts off in the background and becomes exponentially more and more in-your-face with every episode, and Tantei Opera has an interesting way of blending Slice of Life time and Magical Girl time together where you can't really tell where one ends and one begins. And Miina is ALL BOOBS ALL THE TIME.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:29 am

Illy wrote:
Aqua wrote:
Illy wrote:

Azu, Hidamari and K-ON are the only true slice of lifes in there. D: Kanon has a really nice balance between plot time and silly time, AIR is two episodes of cute followed by HEART-WRENCHING TIME ALL THE TIME, Clannad is... Yeah. Okay. Mostly slice of life with a bit of plot (Although After Story does the opposite, from what I've watched). Haibane Renmei has a really heavy plot from the get go that starts off in the background and becomes exponentially more and more in-your-face with every episode, and Tantei Opera has an interesting way of blending Slice of Life time and Magical Girl time together where you can't really tell where one ends and one begins. And Miina is ALL BOOBS ALL THE TIME.

Oops, I didn't mean out of the ones you listed, I just kinda meant that a lot of moe in general tends to be slice of life. Sorry, that was my fault for wording my post badly. Though, keep watching Clannad After Story. In my opinion, it's much superior to the original series, though sadder. I have actually been meaning to watch AIR though, because it keeps on popping up everywhere I look.
Back to top Go down
Illy
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:47 am

Aqua wrote:
Illy wrote:
Aqua wrote:
Illy wrote:

Oops, I didn't mean out of the ones you listed, I just kinda meant that a lot of moe in general tends to be slice of life. Sorry, that was my fault for wording my post badly. Though, keep watching Clannad After Story. In my opinion, it's much superior to the original series, though sadder. I have actually been meaning to watch AIR though, because it keeps on popping up everywhere I look.

AIR is the single saddest story in the world. You will shit tears by the end of the story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:39 pm

not shore if this is the right place but .... my fav. shows are W.H.O.O.K.O.S. and the A.E. Chronics on youtube yea not really official shows but still other then mlp thats all i watch if you ask ill post a link. i really dont read much manga other than naruto now that i finished black cat and i'm a Pokemon and mother addict.
Back to top Go down
Naue2000
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:12 pm

I am more into manga than animé.....most of the time the manga is better.

I read a lot of the common ones (eg Death Note, though I pretty much gave up after
Spoiler:

.) but I also really liked Liar Game (mindfuck much?) and Reborn! until they went to the future and had to find seven magic boxes or rings and I just said "Well fuck that."

As for animé, NEON GENESIS EVANGELION IS QUITE SIMPLY AMAZING......and PANTY AND STOCKING MUST BE WATCHED.....oh and YGOTAS.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:37 pm

Naue, you reminded me of the fact that I actually need to go and finish Liar Game. It's so good but for some reason I tend to read a ton of chapters at once, then drop it for a while only to pick it back up again XD It was always fun to try and guess the trick to the game or whatever would be when I was reading, but I've never been smart enough to guess right lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Weeaboo Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Weeaboo Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top