Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A Generally Comprehensive Timeline from the wiki

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zero_Starlight
Civilian
Civilian

Renown : 2

PostSubject: A Generally Comprehensive Timeline from the wiki   Mon May 30, 2011 1:10 pm

Alright, lost what the heck I was planning to post a topic of, and decided to post a basic overview of what has happened so far. This is a copy past from the wiki, and as such seems to be missing any events that occured before the date of July 23rd, 2009. This is going to be a big one people, so grab a beverage or something and get comfortable. The timeline on the wiki is in a backwards format, meaning that the most recent events are at the top, and the oldest reside at the bottom.

Marble Hornets Summary

Prior to July 23, 2009, when Youtube User totheark showed up, most of the attention was focused on the Marble Hornets videos and The Entries. They told of a boy named Alex Kralie, who was a film student who wrote and was directing his movie Marble Hornets until he suddenly began buying absurd amounts of tapes and recording himself at all times. This occurred back in 2006, and he appears to have been followed by a figure resembling Slender Man. After that, he freaked out and canceled the project, only saving the tapes because his friend and cameraman Jay convinced him to hand over the tapes before Alex left for another school and Jay never heard from him again. Now, in 2009, Jay has found them again in his house and is uploading the interesting bits to youtube.

Comprehensive Timeline

June 7, 2011: "I had forgotten about the external hard drive I found in the hotel safe, I should be looking through it at the same time as these tapes." ~ Jay

June 3, 2011: "That's possible, but I have a remote for it. It's not like I'd have to fumble with keys if I had to unlock the door in a hurry." ~ Jay, in response to LeahsGotIt's comment about the car door locks. Later, he tweeted a response to raiiban's request for a status update: "I'm okay for the time being. I don't want to advertise my location too much."

June 2, 2011: "I doubt it was Tim in #41. It was only a week after Alex incapacitated him. No way he'd be walking by then." ~ Jay. He later tweeted, in response to adf___'s question regarding the dating of the tapes, "The ones I found in the hotel safe are numbered (although a handful aren't). I also told Alex "It's been over a week" in Entry #39." Later that night, totheark uploads the Indicator Video.

June 1, 2011: "No clue who that could have been in Entry #41. Why wasn't my car door locked?" ~ Jay.

May 26, 2011: "Finished the Entry 40 tape. Something there that I don't like. Entry 41 will be uploaded soon." ~ Jay. Later, he tweeted, "Weird. Problem with the video I've never had before. Should be uploaded in about an hour or so." A couple of hours later, he posted a link to Entry 41.

May 25, 2011: "I've been avoiding continuing the tape from Entry 40, but I can't put it off forever. For all I know, there could be nothing left on it." ~ Jay. Later, in response to BranRainey's question regarding Jessica, Jay tweeted, "Maybe. Who knows where she is now, though." Lastly, he finally got around to linking to the Intermission Video, saying "Like clockwork, ToTheArk responded last week."

May 16, 2011: totheark uploads the Intermission Video.

May 4, 2011: "40 is uploading to youtube. I really don't want to watch it again." ~ Jay. Early in the morning, he posted a link to Entry 40.

May 3, 2011: "I saw the latest ToTheArk response a day or two after it was posted. Forgot to link it here. http://youtu.be/VrvjDtghdk0". ~ Jay. Later, he tweeted, "Seeing that response has made me even more paranoid. As if I don't change locations enough already…" He then posted, "Entry #40 will be posted tonight."

April 21, 2011: "Looks like I'll be getting nothing from ToTheArk again. I'm uneasy when it gets quiet like this." ~ Jay. Later, totheark uploads the Forecast Video.

April 16, 2011: "Waiting to see if there's any response from ToTheArk." ~ Jay.

April 13, 2011: "Uploading Entry #39 soon." ~ Jay. He later tweeted a link to Entry 39 after posting.

April 6, 2011: Jay posts a link to Entry 38. He later tweeted, "I'm back. All the tapes and my camera are still here. So relieved."

April 5, 2011: Jay uploads Entry 38.

March 30, 2011: "On my way back. I looked in the red tower again before leaving, but didn't find anything." ~ Jay. He later tweeted (in response to brasilkid16), "I was at a rest area charging my laptop. How is that bad planning?"

March 29, 2011: "Just woke up in my car, near the red tower. Don't remember how I got here. This is a long way from where I was." ~ Jay. He later tweeted, "The tapes aren't with me, and the footage I copied to my laptop has apparently been deleted. I need to get back. Fast."

March 23, 2011: Someone uploads enttry 37 from Jay's Youtube account, similar to what was done a year ago with Entry ######.

March 21, 2011: Late in the evening, Jay tweeted, "Trying to upload entry #37, but I can't sign in to youtube." He then asked, "People that follow me: Is youtube letting you sign in?" These tweets continued into the early morning. "Judging by the response, I'm the only one having this problem…" "I may have temporarily forgotten my password." "I keep trying different ones but nothing's working." "Come on! http://twitpic.com/4c08b0" "I've tried all the passwords I've ever used. None are working." "Why can't I remember!" "I can't use the forgotten password feature because it's linked to aan old email address that I also don't remember the password of." "I have the worst hheadache right now.." "Keep thnking I'm hearing things." ".hea'ds poudning." "sllee pno.w"

March 20, 2011: "The last few tapes have just been of me driving around by myself. Where did Alex go?" ~ Jay. He later tweeted, "Found something that makes me not want to go through the rest of these tapes. Headache. Laying down for now. Uploading it tomorrow."

March 19, 2011: "Just now saw the ToTheArk response. Guess whoever it is knows Alex's phone number. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOou1wxXu4o" ~ Jay. He later tweeted, "@Theyeballkid I didn't see the numbers in the end until now. Thanks for saving me some time."

March 15, 2011: totheark uploads the Sidetone Video.

March 3, 2011: About 24 hours after uploading Entry #36, Jay tweets "Entry #36: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6p-8Lu-Hm8".

March 2, 2011: "Nothing was wrong with the tape itself, but I did find some corrupt footage on the end of it. Posting it as Entry #36 later today." ~ Jay. He later posted Entry 36.

March 1, 2011: "I think the tape from entry #35 was damaged when the camera was dropped. Spending tonight trying to fix it. More footage could be on it." ~ Jay

February 27, 2011: "I definitely hear words on this video. Can't make out anything coherent right now, though." ~ Jay

February 26, 2011: totheark uploads the Broadcast Video. In response, Jay tweets "Thanks to everyone who let me know about the ToTheArk response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_myhIXgVF-o".

February 23, 2011: "I've been waiting a couple of days to see if ToTheArk uploads a response to entry #35. So far, nothing." ~ Jay

February 18, 2011: "Note: Unless something major happens, all entries starting at 34 are taken from the tapes I found in the hotel safe, not the present." ~ Jay

February 16, 2011: Jay uploads Entry 35.

February 15, 2011: "Going to try and sleep. If I decide to upload this stuff, it'll be tomorrow." ~ Jay. Jay later tweets "I've decided to post it. Entry #35 should be uploaded in about 30 minutes." However, Youtube experienced technical difficulties shortly thereafter, preventing the video from being seen for several hours, prompting Jay to tweet "Youtube is in maintenance mode right now. It will probably be a little longer than I thought to upload." After about two more hours, Jay tweets "Still in maintenance mode. Nothing I can do."

February 14, 2011: "I was not expecting what I just found on these tapes. Can't decide if I should upload it or not." ~ Jay

February 12, 2011: "Just brought to my attention: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUeFeJtqn28" ~ Jay, having just learned of the Fragments Video. Jay later tweets "I've been very paranoid about my location lately. Nowhere really feels safe."

February 10, 2011: After over a year of silence, totheark uploads the Fragments Video.

February 9, 2011: "Fell asleep last night as the entry was uploading. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaR4NbfyzAc" ~ Jay

February 8, 2011: "The majority of the first bits of footage have just been me driving." ~ Jay. Later, in response to _PirateGuy_, Jay tweets "I'm hoping it's significant. There's a lot of driving going on with few stops." Jay then tweets "Found something promising. Entry #34 should be uploaded in about an hour." That night, Jay uploads Entry 34.

February 7, 2011: "Looking through the tapes. I'm hoping I'll have something by tomorrow." ~ Jay. He later tweets "This feels all too familiar."

January 19, 2011: Jay uploads Entry 33.

January 18, 2011: "Entry #33 will be uploaded tonight." ~ Jay

January 12, 2011: "Entry is being uploaded now." ~ Jay

January 4, 2011: "Entry #31 will be uploaded in about 30 minutes." ~ Jay. An hour later, Jay uploads Entry 31. "I said no to Jessica because I'm not 100% sure she's on my side yet. It was reflex." ~ Jay. Later that day, Jay uploads a better quality version of Entry 31, tweeting "A better quality version of entry #31 has been uploaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL0URnfDBos , sorry about that."

January 2, 2011: "I've been searching on and off all week. Entry #31 tomorrow." ~ Jay

December 26, 2010: "Looking for Entry #29's location this week. Who knows if it's even around here though." ~ Jay

December 25, 2010: "Lonely holiday, but not as bad as last year. At least I didn't have to climb a rotting tower this time." ~ Jay

December 22, 2010: Jay uploads Entry 30.

December 21, 2010: "Some weird things happened last night. Entry #30 will be posted later today." ~ Jay

December 16, 2010: After reviewing his footage, Jay uploads Entry 29.

December 15, 2010: "Been so tired lately. I've slept for over 12 hours straight these past few days." ~ Jay

December 11, 2010: "I've searched everywhere in the hotel room. The safe is the only lead I have right now. Need to figure out this code." ~ Jay

December 4, 2010: Jay uploads Entry 28.

December 3, 2010: Jay has made Entry 28, and will upload it the following morning.

November 29, 2010: Jay is still at his hotel, and once more… he cannot sleep. Sound familiar?

November 24, 2010: Jay returns with Entry 27, in which he reveals that he has no recollection of the past 7 months, and now he is in a hotel with a camera strapped to his chest. Weird!

November 16, 2010: A twitpic is posted: The trees and mysterious letters…

October 31, 2010: A twitpic is posted: Twenty three from Masky!

October 27, 2010: A twitpic is posted: Smile for the Camera!

April 18, 2010: A package arrives for Jay, containing another tape. He uploads it as the "final" Entry: Entry 26.

April 4, 2010: Jay's Twitter: "http://twitpic.com/1dbey4 - Received this text message from an unknown number."

March 25, 2010: Jay's Twitter: "Note: The report itself seemed to have some sort of technical difficulties at the end. Unsure what caused it. Don't want to think about it."

March 25, 2010: Jay uploads Entry 25. Jay watched the news report on March 24th (this entry was uploaded in the early morning), so his apartment was most likely torched sometime on March 23rd.

March 24, 2010: Jay's Twitter: "Something brought to my attention. Entry #25 later tonight."

March 15, 2010: Jay's Twitter: "Left town after the last tweet. Staying at a hotel now."

March 6, 2010: Someone uploads Entry ######. Jay's Twitter: "Not sure what to think about it. Definitely considering getting out of here though."

March 2, 2010: Jay's Twitter: "Checked the latest surveillance footage again last night. Nothing unusual. Maybe Entry #24 was a camera glitch?"

February 25, 2010: Jay's Twitter: "Feeling like I'm being watched constantly"

February 16, 2010: Jay uploads Entry 24.

February 13, 2010: Jay's Twitter: "Looking through some surveillance footage. Not sure what I'll find. I feel like I just have know one more time what's been going on." Later, on his Twitter, Jay updated "Typo earlier. Still looking through the footage."

February 10, 2010: Jay's Twitter: "Considering boarding up my windows. Still feeling incredibly unsafe here."

February 8, 2010: Jay's Twitter: "I know that totheark responded. I just don't want to acknowledge it anymore."

February 3, 2010: Jay feels completely functionless. totheark's Warning Video goes online.

January 28, 2010: Jay returns to the house. He has some trouble uploading Entry 23, but it successfully goes online.

January 25, 2010: Jay has made a date: he's returning to the house on Wednesday.

January 15, 2010: Jay has been trying to sleep for a while without luck. totheark posts his Admission Video.

January 12, 2010: Jay makes note of the Attention Video and comments on the usage of the word "us" in the message.

January 10, 2010: totheark posts an Attention Video.

January 7, 2010: "Beginning to think the only choice I have is going back to the house." ~ Jay

December 30, 2009: "Not sure why totheark has been so quiet. I may be on my own for a while." ~ Jay

December 27, 2009: "Still waiting to see if totheark does anything." ~ Jay

December 22, 2009: Jay uploads the tape from the red tower as Entry 22.

December 21, 2009: Jay updates his Twitter announcing his departure for the red tower. What begins is the Winter Solstice Twitter Watch, which culminates in the posting of Entry 21.

December 18, 2009: Jay sees the Version video and resolves to go to the red tower.

December 16, 2009: totheark responds immediately with his Version Video.

December 15, 2009: Jay finds the last entry from the Marble Hornets footage and uploads it to youtube as Entry 20. He notes that anyone could have been behind the camera during the time.

December 14, 2009: I've decided to go to that red tower. In the daytime, of course. Not sure when, though. I'm running out of food here. ~ Jay

December 10, 2009: Jay confirms that the tower mentioned in Entry 19.5 is the red tower from Entry 5 and finds it on google maps: http://twitpic.com/t05zw

December 9, 2009: Jay posts Entry 19.5.

December 2, 2009: totheark uploads his Return Video as a reply to Entry 19 featuring a dazed Jay and The Operator. Jay posts shortly after this on this twitter and says "It's getting so much more difficult to take all this in. Feel like I'm being driven insane." A few hours later, Jay points out that Return took place during the missing 3 hours of Entry 19, posting a link to Addition as proof. He promptly responds to himself, fixing his mid-identification of Addition's timing (he said it was after Entry 18 when it was actually after Entry 16). He admits his memories are getting all mixed up now. And he's running out of tapes.

November 28, 2009: Jay is still holed up in his home, despite the fact that he has been forgetting very important things (like where he went two weeks ago in the middle of the night). Also, his name is definitely Jay.

November 25, 2009: Jay uploads Entry 19. It looks like totheark is more assertive than he lets on. And he knows where you live.

November 24, 2009: I have Entry #19. It should be on youtube tomorrow unless something happens. Which it could. I don't really know anymore. ~ Jay (twitter)

November 21, 2009: This past week as been bad. ~ Jay (twitter). totheark posts the Messages Video in response to Entry 18.

November 13, 2009: totheark usually responds by now. ~ Jay (twitter)

November 11, 2009: In a forum post on Something Awful, Jay debunks the wild speculation generated among the viewers by explaining that he was attacked by the masked figure (presumably totheark) among other things.

November 10, 2009: Jay returns from visiting the house. Entry 18 should be going online soon. That night, it finally goes online.

November 9, 2009: Jay announces his intent to venture back to the house the following day.

November 5, 2009: totheark posts a response to Entry 17: the Signal Video. Jay is second-guessing his decision to return to the house.

November 2, 2009: Jay uploads Entry 17. However, he doesn't remember that Entry happening. He is going back to the house soon.

November 1, 2009: Jay has found something new in the tapes, something that disturbs him.

October 21, 2009: totheark replies to Entry 16 with his Addition Video.

October 16, 2009: Jay infiltrates Brian's house to try to find him. He posts said infiltration as Entry 16.

October 15, 2009: Jay receives an anonymous tip that leads him to Brian's house. He's going to check it out tomorrow.

October 12, 2009: totheark replies to Entry 15 with his Advocate Video.

October 11, 2009: Jay is still looking through the tapes (and elsewhere) for some kind of lead.

October 3, 2009: Jay posts Entry 15, an interview with Tim, an actor from Marble Hornets.

October 2, 2009: Jay has acquired an interview with one of the actors from Marble Hornets.

September 26, 2009: totheark replies to Entry 14, creating his/her Program Video.

September 23, 2009: Jay Posts Entry 14, creating new speculation about who was hunting who.

September 19, 2009: Jay didn't sleep last night because he was shaking. Jay is thinking of returning to the doctor.

September 18, 2009: Username Morscata12 identifies the plot of Marble Hornets.

September 17, 2009: Jay comments via twitter that while his memory isn't perfect from 3 years ago, he definitely did not remember anyone filming him as he did so, thereby referring to the video from the Exit Video.

September 15, 2009: User totheark uploads his response to Entry 13: an Exit Video.

September 11, 2009: Entry 13 goes online.

September 10, 2009: Jay twitters that he has found a video with him in it.

September 5, 2009: Jay goes to the doctor to follow up on his blackout the day prior.

September 4, 2009: Username Morscata12 confirms that a girl's voice says "Alex" in the Deluge Video. Jay blacks out. He is not doing well.

September 1, 2009: totheark updates youtube with his response to Entry 12: his Impurity Video. Jay promptly recognizes the video in his Twitter account.

August 31, 2009: Speculation continues on The Entries. Jay updates his twitter wondering when the next totheark video will come.

August 29, 2009: Jay posts two new tweets, one of which links to the new Entry 12.

August 28, 2009: Jay posts on his twitter that he's been really sick the last week, but is still searching through tapes.

August 15, 2009: Speculation continues, most notably on the identity of totheark.

August 13, 2009: It is generally agreed that the voice at the end of the Deluge Video is saying "Alex." Debates rage regarding the Slender Man and his place within The Entries.

August 12, 2009: Work continues on deciphering the meaning of the Deluge Video.

August 11, 2009: Jay tweets again that he is feeling ill, and later he tweets to point out the appearance of a new totheark video: the Deluge Video.

August 10, 2009: Speculation regarding Entry 11 and the Slender Man rages on the forums.

August 9, 2009: Jay lets the internet know that Entry 11 is coming online soon. Shortly afterwards, Entry 11 goes online.

August 8, 2009: Speculation continues on the relationship between totheark and Moses from the Koran.

August 7, 2009: totheark replies to a query by Username Kiriyama, implying that the video to which the Regards Video goes has not yet been posted!

August 6, 2009: totheark is 79 years old? Curiouser and curiouser… Another reply from totheark to Username Slayer_22 implies that he was not the one to remove the audio from the mute entries.

August 5, 2009: Marblehornets twitters that he won't have internet until the 10th, but he will try to upload anything important nevertheless.

August 3, 2009: Marblehornets twitters that he's moving. Username Slayer_22 receives a response from Jay's youtube account and from totheark. Username Kiriyama receives a response from totheark.

August 2, 2009: Username Kiriyama synchs the Regards audio to Entry 1. Marblehornets twitters that Operator likely goes with Entry 10. Username Lifegospel receives a response from Jay's youtube account.

August 1, 2009: A comment on Operator implies that the audio belongs to Entry 10.

July 31, 2009: A new totheark video: Operator is uploaded to youtube as a video reply to Entry 10. Initial analysis comes along well. The totheark videos begin being paired with The Entries, missing audio being filled in with the totheark videos.

July 30, 2009: The Unfiction Forum begins being reorganized.

July 29, 2009: Speculation continues on the timing of The Entries. On Unfiction, Marble Hornets gets it own forum.

July 28, 2009: Jay is feeling better and returns to the videos. Shortly afterwards, Entry 10 goes up. Analysis begins on The Entries.

July 26, 2009: Jay has a 104 degree fever and cannot look through the tapes. Suggestion that Slender Man can only be seen by digital means is suggested.

July 25, 2009: No progress made.

July 24, 2009: No progress made on the Regards Video.

July 23, 2009: New tweets from Marblehornets: Exhausted, difficult to sleep, and discovery of a video reply to Entry 9. Analysis begins on the audio and video, but little comes beyond obvious indication.

Last edited by Zero_Starlight on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated the Timeline)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CookiesAreForever
Sleuth
Sleuth

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: A Generally Comprehensive Timeline from the wiki   Mon May 30, 2011 2:05 pm

This is amazing!

Thanks for posting this, i'm sure that it will help many people!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: A Generally Comprehensive Timeline from the wiki   Mon May 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Stickied! Thanks for doing that Zero! I am sure it will help a lot of people coming into this ARG, or wanting to catch up on things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
Zero_Starlight
Civilian
Civilian

Renown : 2

PostSubject: Re: A Generally Comprehensive Timeline from the wiki   Mon May 30, 2011 4:20 pm

TR1 wrote:
Stickied! Thanks for doing that Zero! I am sure it will help a lot of people coming into this ARG, or wanting to catch up on things.

Glad you both enjoy it! The real credit goes the wonderful people at the Marble Hornets Wiki though!

Zero
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CookiesAreForever
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: A Generally Comprehensive Timeline from the wiki   Mon May 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Zero_Starlight wrote:
TR1 wrote:

Glad you both enjoy it! The real credit goes the wonderful people at the Marble Hornets Wiki though!

Zero

I'm just wondering, did you get it from the wikidot? Because they seem to have abandoned that..it hasn't been updated since July O_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

Renown : 0

PostSubject: Re: A Generally Comprehensive Timeline from the wiki   Mon May 30, 2011 6:14 pm

Oh god yes, THANK YOU ZERO <3

I'm trying to catch up to Marble Hornets (at least the videos) and this is pretty helpful for me Very Happy You're awesome for posting this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aquapainter.tumblr.com
willowrain

PostSubject: Re: A Generally Comprehensive Timeline from the wiki   Mon May 30, 2011 7:07 pm

CookiesAreForever wrote:

I'm just wondering, did you get it from the wikidot? Because they seem to have abandoned that..it hasn't been updated since July O_o

The wikidot has been updating every time a new entry, totheark response, or twitter update has been posted. O.o Complete with speculations and such.

EDIT: Okay, at least the time-lines and main page. I don't know about character pages or anything else.

I swim for better days despite the absence of sun, chokin' on saltwater. I'm not givin' in. I swim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wispthewillow.blogspot.com/
Emikon

Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: A Generally Comprehensive Timeline from the wiki   Mon May 30, 2011 7:53 pm

I would follow this ARG if I wasn't so easily freaked out by the idea of the videos. That being said the timeline at least gives me a general idea of what's going on and for that I thank you. Batman Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Generally Comprehensive Timeline from the wiki   

Back to top Go down

A Generally Comprehensive Timeline from the wiki

View previous topic View next topic Back to top