Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hamlet is awesome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Naue2000
Civilian
Civilian

Renown : 0

PostSubject: Hamlet is awesome   Mon May 30, 2011 5:49 pm

This may seem a bit extreme but:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HAMLET! I ADORE HAMLET! IT'S THE BEST PLAY WRITTEN EVARRRRRRR!

*ahem* I think it is an amazingly complex work that yet still manages to communicate simply and effectively. Also, people may hate me for this, but Hamlet is way, waaaaay better than Romeo and Juliet. Why? Cause Romeo's a whiny bitch. Now some of you might say that Hamlet's also a whiny bitch. This is true, but while Hamlet whines about philosophy, his deep feelings, and what it means to be human, Romeo whines about how horny he is. Hamlet considers killing himself because he thinks everyone he knows has betrayed him and life just isn't worth living, Romeo threatens to kill himself because he can't porc with Juliet.Hamlet's tragic flaw is thinking too much, Romeo's tragic flaw is thinking with his dick.

Let me give you an example:

Hamlet says things like : There's nothing good or bad in the world but thinking makes it so.

Romeo says things like: OMIGAWD I'M SOOO FUCKING HORNY! I WANNA BANG JULIET, BUT I CAN'T I'M SOO SAAAAAD!

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Hamlet is awesome   Mon May 30, 2011 5:53 pm

Hamlet is no doubt far superior to Romeo and Juliet. The characters in Romeo and Juliet, for the most part, are all annoying twits that I want nothing to do with. Hamlet is win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Hamlet is awesome   Mon May 30, 2011 8:48 pm

I still need to read Hamlet, but I'm pretty sure it's in some book I had to buy for my English class, so I will probably pick it up soon, since it does seem really interesting Very Happy

And I actually do like Romeo and Juliet, becasue I view it more as "Horny Teenagers Are Idiots" than "GREATEST LUV STORY OF ALLLL TIME." Your points on Romeo made me lol so hard, Naue. He wasn't taken very seriously at all when my class read the play, everyone just made fun of him XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aquapainter.tumblr.com
Naue2000
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Hamlet is awesome   Mon May 30, 2011 10:12 pm

Yeah. It's a good play with a good point (eg If you'd take ten minutes to stop stabbing yourself you'd realize everything's going your way) but no one interprets it that way. They just say "Isn't that ro-MAAAAAAAN-tic?" and you can't get them to shut up. Now, I like a good romantically pointless suicide as much as the next guy, but Romeo is just the kind of guy that pushes my buttons because he is the perfect idiot. Good job Shakespeare, you sure know how to piss me off. As a result, I don't think I can ever be romantic, ever!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hamlet is awesome   

Back to top Go down

Hamlet is awesome

View previous topic View next topic Back to top