Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Naue2000
Civilian
Civilian

Renown : 0

PostSubject: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Mon May 30, 2011 8:19 pm

I don't think we need 14+ threads for FF. Besides we're all just gonna be talking about FFX amirite?

Kidding! (though FFX is my fav)

So where to start? It's just so influential, so successful, so...huge! It's been on almost any platform you can name from handhelds, to PC's, to cellphones. It's brought us some cool heroes, very hot love interests (Lulu <3), and of course....

MOOGLES!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Mon May 30, 2011 8:24 pm

First thing is first... I <3 Moogle. When I was kid I wanted to cosplay as one (and the Prince of Cosmos from Katamari Damacy).

*cough*

I played VII-X and then stopped out of I had better things to play. I firmly believe that Cloud is over-rated, and that Sephorath is a pretty sterotypical Japanese-anime villain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
AfroNick
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Mon May 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Even though I can't seem to get very far in them, I love playing Final Fantasy 1-3 (I guess that's 1, 4, and 6) on the NES and SNES. 7 just rubs me the wrong way because of how incredibly overrated it is, I don't like 8 at all, 9 is alright, and 10 makes me horrified. I wouldn't know about 11, 12, 13, or 14, but from what I've heard, I don't think I'd like them either.

My favorite is Final Fantasy 2/4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Mon May 30, 2011 8:53 pm

I have to agree that 7 is deathly overrated, but still pretty good. 8 was okay, and 9 was terrible. 10 I didn't even finish, so that is self-explanatory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
Spanosa
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Mon May 30, 2011 9:11 pm

I've played 1, 4, 12, and some of the Crystal Chronicle games.

I absolutely love the games I've played except the DS/Wii version of Crystal Chronicles. The Gambecube only one was great. Beautiful artwork, gameplay, and music.

I'm currently replaying the Dawn of Souls version of one since it's been an absolute eternity since I've played it. No Black Mage/Wizard in my party, so it's kinda fun. I'll start playing two after I do everything in one.

Four I played up and to Zeromus, but I never got the chance to beat him since I was borrowing it from a friend.

Twelve I own and have almost done everything in. The only bosses I have left to kill are the last five health bars of Yiazmat (which is about ten times harder than the rest of the fight) and Omega MK XII. And the fishing minigame. Fuck that that fishing minigame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dry Rain
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Mon May 30, 2011 9:23 pm

As a fan of Final Fantasy, XII was a nightmare. X was most enjoyable.
I can see why people love VII, but it's just not for me. I liked XIII only for how lovely everything looked... plot/game play wise... meh.

But yeah X FTW! Yuna is only of my all time favourite characters (along with Rikku) even if I do want to punch her sometimes! <3 Was sad to fine Yunie in the new Dissidia though ): Like WTF?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drummaniac17
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Mon May 30, 2011 9:30 pm

I've played almost all of them but could never get into them. I got moderately farther than normal in FFVII since it's supposedly the best game ever (Better than MGS1?! Pshh) but still couldn't get interested.

I think FFX was the best when I was 9 because I liked writing things like "dickboat" on the little girls beach ball. I'm horrible.

Last edited by Drummaniac17 on Tue May 31, 2011 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Mon May 30, 2011 11:19 pm

I honestly haven't play that much Final Fantasy. I played Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube and Wii, got stuck on the DS one and haven't picked it up since then, and got partway through X before my family got a PS3 that won't play PS2 games, and there's nowhere left in the hosue where I can plug in the PS2 without my dad yelling at me for moving wires. Though, I have liked what I've played quite a bit Very Happy

I admit Crystal Bearers for Wii definitely wasn't as good as it could've been, but it was a fun play in my opinion. I liked the DS game too, but I felt like the maps in some areas were a little awkward (I didn't realise certain spots were ramps or exits to the area for a while, so I spent a good deal of time running around trying to figure out where I was going.)

I really want to play more X because I've heard so much about it, both good and bad, and I really want to play it for myself so I can get my own opinion on it. D:

But, I do know some of the characters from playing Kingdom Hearts, but if what I've heard is correct, then only characters designed by Nomura go into KH so I doubt that's that much of a variety XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aquapainter.tumblr.com
Jevandyr

Renown : 2

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Tue May 31, 2011 12:35 am

The problem is with Final Fantasy games is that they're majorly overrated. FF7 is still one of my favourite games of all time though, and all the others are absolutely awesome. You have to remember aswell, at the time they came out they were groundbreaking and amazing. When I first played FF7 I was taken aback by it's epic story, music and cutscenes, and the same goes for FFX. Looking back on them now, if I was to play them for the first time, they wouldn't be that good. Maybe it's nostalgia? Who knows. They're still some of my favourites though.

PS. I hated FFXII and FFXIII. 12 was like a single player MMO with a stupid storyline and 13 was a game that played itself with an even worse storyline and NO likable characters. At least 12 had Balthier (Who voices another awesome character in ANOTHER crappy RPG that was released recently. Guess which.)

/rage

Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:15 am

I've been playing//
1,3,4,7,8,10,12 and 13 (also,crisis core and After Years Batman Smile )
and ive gotta admit,
8's battle system confused the crap out of me ;/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naue2000
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:57 pm

I LOVED EVERTHING ABOUT 10!!!!! And yeah it's important to remember that 10 came out in 2001 when graphics that good, voice acting like that, and motion capture were a big deal. I think I would have really enjoyed XII if the gambit system didn't MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I WASN'T NEEDED TO PLAY THE GAME! Also, the world is too huge, or should I say, it's really hard to get from one place to another quickly which makes everything really sloooooooooooooow.

Tactics dissapointed me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TegaDrake
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Final Fantasy X was my first FF game. Via my dad, but no one's keeping track of that. X is also the one that made me realize I wanted to be in the video game industry (out of the many games I had liked up until then).
All honesty, I was going to stop playing at X and VII. But then I decided that I'd have to try them all before I said I like Final Fantasy. So I have (mostly).

The original is confusing, naturally. It's from that era of "Hey Heroes, save the world" direction. Either I suck at taking direction, or JESUS THE PEOPLE CAN'T DIRECT TO SAVE THEIR LIVES. But I was having fun getting lost?
...I haven't had the time to touch II yet, but I do like Frionel already.
III I've tried in both original and DS form. I'd probably enjoy it if I didn't suck at grinding.
IV, well, I've only played it on the DS. The VA is kinda lackluster at times (nowhere near as bad as fraggin' Lufia DS), but I found myself enveloped into what's going on in the story thus far. Granted, that just means up to the underworld, but hush I suck at grinding.
V I haven't gotten to play yet, either. More than II, though. I keep hearing people say V is the weakest one, but I was entertained by what I played. Faris is totally my favorite. Totally.
VI, oh man. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did when I doodled around with it on the PS1. I've got my copy on the GBA now, but wow. There's so many characters, and the world has like a million things for you to do, and I couldn't save Cid, and Kefka is the greatest villain ever, and yeah. I got to the last level of it, but uh... I don't wanna go and try to face Kefka yet. There's this problem with levels I have, I think I mentioned it before. So my strongest character is Edgar, at level 49 or something? I can't quite remember, but it's not pretty.
VII also involved me pretty quickly. After a few years of my dad buying it, trying to play it, finding out it stopped working at the 10-minute limit you have to escape the Mako reactor in the beginning, selling it back, me finding out about Advent Children and then begging my shameless ass off to own it. Yeah. That happened. Uh, anyways, I enjoyed it (since I beat it recently)! I'm probably showing off my outer/inner otaku by saying this, but I was very invested in every cliche Cloud, Sephiroth, and the story invoked. Except for Tifa; SHE'S the overrated character in my opinion. She's just not really, how do I say, developed. She doesn't really kill the enjoyment for me (she's sort of important in the story), but I enjoyed Aeris and Yuffie a lot more. Which may or may not show off that I have bad taste. Yuffie seems to be the butt-monkey of the series a lot.
VIII I've just gotten into, thanks to someone buying it for me as a present. My dad bought that one too, but he'd been spoiled by X so he sold that one back as well. It's kinda funny, but I completely expected to HATE Squall. I actually like him a lot. And Zell. Zell amuses me so much, and I've only spent like a half-hour with his character.
IX has got this carnival-like theme that appeals to me thus far. Same story pretty much; I enjoy what I've played, and I don't regret getting my ass handed to me by library slugs last time I played. Which was like a year ago, so my memory may or may not be faulty.
And of course X. I actually LIKE Tidus. It shocked me to find out no one likes him when the game was new. XD I've been replaying it for the hell of it, and jeez. So much of that game just hits me on all the right emotional levels. The Kilika Sending, Tidus narrating, Wakka and Lulu talking about Chappu, Yuna and Tidus's budding romance, all of Seymour's shenanigans, Operation Mi'hen, Jecht and how Tidus thinks of him, Auron's story elements, BRASKA AND HIS SURPRISE!DEVIOUS!SNARK, and so on. Pretty much, I'm easy to please at this point. If that's not the conclusion you come to after looking at my rambles, then there's something wrong with you.
XI I don't play because I'm not into MMOs at all. I like playing offline.
XII is one I haven't gotten very far in. My dad apparently enjoyed it enough to get to level 70-something (though he didn't like it as much as X), so I know the long road I have ahead of me if I ever get to pick it up again. I kept replaying the opening moments because I was so frustrated that I couldn't get enough levels, money, OR items to survive. ARGH. So I know that beginning part pretty damn well. I think the last I remember is the battle on this one airship where you first discover Fran's berserk mode. I wanted to get deeper into the political intrigue of the story (someone described it to me that way, hush), but I haven't yet. I just know never to trust Vayne.
Oooh, XIII is so much eye-candy for me. I admit, it's hella-linear thus far. And it probably does have problems I just don't give a damn about. I enjoy following along on the characters' travels. I get wrapped up into a game because the characters let me in and I sorta take the RP part of RPG literally. But so long as I have fun, right? I like Sazh so much, and it sorta just came outta nowhere that I like him. And Vanille is just crazy and Australian. I mean, what? XD BUT GAAAAAH I EXPECTED TO LIKE SNOW AND HOPE, THEN WAS DISAPPOINTED. Snow's just ten kinds of dumb, and I wanted to kick Hope for being such a angstmuffin jerkface until he reunited with his dad. He's been redeemed a little bit. Snow's the dumb hero guy, so I kinda like him, but once he's charged with watching out for hope in the city, his IQ drops SO FAST. It was like watching a train wreck. I'm pretty sure I like him because I like Serah. XD

Yes, I've played more than the core games, yes I played the sequels to X and VII, and I'd like to play XII's, yes, I still enjoyed them for the most part.

The Tactics stories are interesting. I'll get back to you on the first one, since it kicks my ass, but TA and its sequel were so much fun! And there's so much weight inside the original's story that I can't wait to get deeper into the fray.
Crystal Chronicles was pretty at the same time as, well, childish in a way. I only ever got to Year 3, though. Grinding, I never do it. I liked being able to make my caravan of characters most of all. That's always my favorite part. I never got to play any of its sequels, though. I hear Ring of Fates is good even if it's not amazing.
The Compilation makes me happy and makes me cry at the same time. SO MUCH WANK ABOUT THAT, so I just won't say more.
X-2 was fun at first, and then I realized it was like Charlie's Angels a little. As much as I enjoyed the dresspheres (and I might later facepalm at the name), I never got a chance to make a lot of them useful. They were kinda cool in concept, though. Gaaaaaaaah, Lenne and Shuyin are still worth shipping IMO. Shuyin is definitely worse than Tidus, but I still kinda like him. The in-between movie for X and X-2 that I didn't know existed until like 6 months ago kinda brought back my interest a little. The sphere that started that whole mess (which they never showed in-game) almost made me like "Alright Rikku, LET'S DO THIS." And I ended up not liking X-2 very much at all. It's amusing how easy it is to get me back into the swing of something with characters I like.
*coughDIRGEOFCERBERUScough*

Uh, yeah. Text wall.
TL;DR, I'm a lot easier to please, so I enjoy what comes my way as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cloudsangel.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)   

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy (Yeah All of Them)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top