Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A Discussion Topic for; ‘The Figure’

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zero_Starlight
Civilian
Civilian

Renown : 2

PostSubject: A Discussion Topic for; ‘The Figure’   Tue May 31, 2011 10:15 am

Hello again, dear friends… Today I am opening this topic for discussion to allow the community a place to speculate on ‘The Figure’ that appears in Entry #41 and has been speculated to have walks past Jay’s van in Entry #39. This topic is open for anyone to post, and no idea is off limits, as long as it is within reason, and follows the rules of the forum. Top theories will be added to a list in this post, and the contributor will be credited of course. A few final notes; please keep this on-topic, and when I say speculation, I mean the identity of said Figure, motives, etcetera. NOT there sexual preferences. (Not that I don’t trust all of you to keep on topic, I’m just covering all the bases)

Without further ado, let the discussion begin!

Keep safe, Watch your back,
-Zero

A screenshot of ‘The Figure’;

Theories;

Possible Suspects;
Alex; Has been acting very strangely since Entry #35, Attack of the Rock, possibly using a disguise in attempt to keep his identity from Slenderman...
Tim; The least likely suspect, as he probably hates Jay and Alex with a passion, and the fact he already has a disguise.
Jay; Possible, although the time between the drop of the camera and 'The Figure' returning for it is quite long, although we don't know the actual amount of time it would take to get to the location of the camera from Jay's car, soooooo... Also, it does not explain why Jay would walk away from his own car.
A cast member from the original crew; Possible, as they were all 'gone' as of Entry #22, possibly meaning they were captured by Slenderman
Jessica; Possible, as 'The Figure may have a larger chest size, but because of the angle of the camera, it is difficult to make out.
totheark; Possible, but because not much is known about him/her/it, it's difficult to give motive for this.
A new character; Simple enough, we've got someone new to deal with in this series, but whose side they are on remains to be seen.

Last edited by Zero_Starlight on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update with possible suspects)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spanosa
Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: A Discussion Topic for; ‘The Figure’   Tue May 31, 2011 11:54 am

Yeah, I was very surprised to see that it wasn't Jay or Alex (well, it could be Alex behind that mask. The guy's been acting very weird).

There are several people unaccounted for that took part in the making of the Marble Hornets movie. Tim has already been knocked off the list. That still leaves the rest of the cast. The thick coat makes it somewhat impossible to determine gender as well. However, considering what's happened previously, I would say it is someone that took part in Marble Hornets

Alex makes the most sense in context because Jay went to the park to meet him originally, It would make sense if Alex was there, but that raises a whole new set of questions of why is he wearing a mask.

Any other character is just as equally viable, as we know almost nothing about them after the movie stopped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drummaniac17
Civilian
Civilian

Renown : 0

PostSubject: Re: A Discussion Topic for; ‘The Figure’   Tue May 31, 2011 11:38 pm

I think it might actually be Alex! Ever since Jay met up with Alex (and they killed Tim's leg off) he's acted odd. Maybe he has situational/traumatic personality disorder. This is the first thing I thought when I saw the guy. I didn't even think he was the figure outside Jay's van! I really think it's Alex. I don't really have any evidence to back this up, I haven't really tried to get any though, other than the fact that he acts weird as all get out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CookiesAreForever
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: A Discussion Topic for; ‘The Figure’   Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 am

At first I thought it was Tim... Just cause i love tim that much XD

But now i'm thinking its Alex, mostly because alex is that weird. (In my head) He was also helping jay out by bringing back his camera!

I''m horrible with MH theries XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spanosa
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: A Discussion Topic for; ‘The Figure’   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:35 am

Well, after the newest video, it appears it can't be Alex as the camera appears in Jay's car while Alex and Jay are hanging out together. That really leaves us with no definitive answer on who the figure could possibly be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zero_Starlight
Civilian
Civilian

Renown : 2

PostSubject: Re: A Discussion Topic for; ‘The Figure’   Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Spanosa wrote:
Well, after the newest video, it appears it can't be Alex as the camera appears in Jay's car while Alex and Jay are hanging out together. That really leaves us with no definitive answer on who the figure could possibly be.

Quick note, we have no idea exactly what Alex was doing that ENTIRE time, only bits and pieces. If we can find out what exactly happened to Alex during that time, then yes, we could eliminate him, but remember, with marble hornets, there's too much at stake to not go over every possibility.

-Zero
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spanosa
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: A Discussion Topic for; ‘The Figure’   Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:19 pm

Zero_Starlight wrote:
Spanosa wrote:

Quick note, we have no idea exactly what Alex was doing that ENTIRE time, only bits and pieces. If we can find out what exactly happened to Alex during that time, then yes, we could eliminate him, but remember, with marble hornets, there's too much at stake to not go over every possibility.

-Zero

True. That also means Alex was playing dumb for the portion when Jay was telling him where Jay left his camera. I suppose it's still possible, it just seems less likely now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Discussion Topic for; ‘The Figure’   

Back to top Go down

A Discussion Topic for; ‘The Figure’

View previous topic View next topic Back to top