Home of the IBB. The online group devoted to solving ARGs around the net.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kingdom Hearts~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xin
Civilian
Civilian

Renown : 0

PostSubject: Kingdom Hearts~   Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:20 am

My Addiction.
almost finished all of the games,
currently fighting my way through RE:Chain of memories..
that game makes me rage D< fighting system :< /sadface
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR1
Administrator
Administrator

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:30 pm

I got to the final boss in the first one and just stopped, I don't think I even beat all the worlds really. It was alright but I couldn't really get into it. "Oh look, Square Enix and Disney... that's cool."

Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Star Wars the Old Republic Guild
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swtor.com/guilds/92827/mlp-friendship-magic
Jevandyr

Renown : 2

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Used to be a massive fan, not so much nowadays. The story has taken a turn for the worse (In my opinion) but the combat is still pretty solid, although it has gotten easier in recent year. BBS was kinda a return to form though.

Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:41 pm

I do like the games, but I am gonna have to agree with Jevandyr that the storyline has taken a turn for the worse.

I couldn't even make myself finish Days. It was just very bleh, in my opinion. I thought learning more about Organization XIII would be fun, but in all honesty I eventually felt like it just turned into "The Xion Show!" or something. Also, I'm slightly annoyed at the fact that my copy of Re: Coded has this awful habit of freezing whenever I try to save or pause anything.

Though, Birth By Sleep was pretty good from what I've heard, so if I ever get ahold of a PSP I'll probably give it a try. I'm mostly just waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aquapainter.tumblr.com
tsubasa67
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:42 am

I've played through most of the games, just haven't got Chain of Memories or Birth by Sleep, and yet to finish Re:Coded. I absolutely loved the first game for the amount of detail that went into each of the Disney worlds, like the Alice in Wonderland, where it was a pleasure in itself just to mess around to see what whacking something would do. I was sad to see that mostly disappear in the later games, cause that was what truly made the game great for me. I do find the story interesting, just not the dark portrayal of the themes and ideas it has. Despite all that, I can't wait to see how Kingdom Hearts 3D turns out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xin
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:38 am

silent birth by sleep was the only reason for me to get a psp Razz
its an amazing game :O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naue2000
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Kingdom Hearts was my first console game way back when I got my PS2! *sniff* Oh the memories! One and Two were both great, but the card-based games pissed me off. I've given up on Re:CoM, even though I really want to see the plot I missed, because I HATE THAT BLOODY CARD SYSTEM!!!! WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE A SIMPLE ACTION-RPG? IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK!!?!?!

Also, from what I've seen, Heartless are becoming kind of like pokemon: the originals were epic win, but the later generations seem like cheap copies. I still really want to play BBS though. NEED PSP!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Oh god RE: CoM's card system. I feel your pain, it was just not worth dealing with that D: I tried not to pay attention to it, but the thing is I button mash a lot during fights, so you can imagine how that turned out. whenever you run out of cards in your deck or whatever the heck happened (I haven't touched the game in forever so my memory of it is rusty.) Out of all the games in the series I've played, I feel 1 and 2 had the most enjoyable combat systems.
Back to top Go down
Dry Rain
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:56 pm

Oh Kingdom Hearts, how I loved thee...
I played KH2 first. I got it one year for my B-day. My mom bought it because it had Jack Sparrow in it. I loved it, but sister just barely got past Twilight Town, complaining it was boring. Well no duh!
Tried boring the first, got my hands on it, and got near the end... then I was stuck. I had to return the game, and never finished it.
I have CoM, and can't get past Wonderland, so I can't finish Sora's part, so I can play Riku's Part. *shakes fist*

Played some BBS, and honestly, I found it really boring... but I only played as Terra so far. Most of it was easy, until the end boss. WAY to hard compaired to the rest of the game if you ask me.

I really hope Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance is better, even if I don't get to play it. D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CookiesAreForever
Sleuth
Sleuth

Renown : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:21 pm

I really love the series, but i agree when people are saying its gone downhill. In some aspects, the KH series is more confusing then Jad's ARG.

I've also found that the games and themes seem to be getting darker as the games go. Now, i've only played Days and Re: Coded through, and a bit of 2, but i've found that button mashing and getting awesome combos doesn't work in the DS games Batman Serious

BBS was pretty good for me though, i didn't really like aqua's(or mickey's) voice actor, but hey, what can you do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naue2000
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:10 am

Does anyone else think Kingdom Hearts 3D looks kinda ridiculous?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:10 pm

Yeah, I did too.

I swear to god, all these spin offs they've been doing lately better have a ton of relevance in KH3 otherwise I really want to know why they're working on these instead of getting back to the main plotline.
Back to top Go down
Dry Rain
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:02 am

Actually, I'm kind of hoping they aren't that important, simply because I can't play half the spin offs. ;~; Or at least not so important that you have to either read a long summary or play it to really know what's going on. =/

Also, dream drop distance probably looks ridiculous because of the "dream" element? =S I don't know, but the game play looks both fun and confusing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Welp, here's a new trailer for Dream Drop Distance. This makes the game look better than I previously assumed.

But still

Neku, what you doing in this game? You ain't a Final Fantasy or Disney character xD
Back to top Go down
Dry Rain
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:27 pm

My reaction to trailer: Wait... wha? ... . . . . . RIKU WHY'D YOU CUT YOUR HAIR! ;~; I LOVED IT LONG!! Dx Wait.. WAIT WHAT!? What the crap is going on!? NEKU WHAT THE HELL MAN!? I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!! DX GET OUT!! FHJFDFJ WHAT IS GOING ON!?

With that said, screw getting a PS3, I want a 3ds just for this game!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aqua
Sleuth
Sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:01 am

Oh my gosh, Dry Rain. BEST REACTION. I do wonder why they suddenly changed Riku's hairstyle again too though lol.

And I'm going to have to hunt down a copy of The World Ends With You for this, as I have no idea who Neku is as well, and this makes it look like he's gonna be important, so I wouldn't mind getting a sense of who he is.
Back to top Go down
Dry Rain
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~   Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:07 pm

I am glad my reaction pleased you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts~